Thursday, April 18, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday : John A. Buggs [Black Leads U.S. Probers]

Adopted Maternal Ancestry

Finding this article on my Cousin (in-law) John A. Buggs is a part of my treasure chest.  There is so much I want to know about him. I remember him when I was growing up.  He was very kind and mild spirited.  I was always told about his brilliancy and his fight for justice and equality of African Americans.  I am hoping that one day I can do further study of his work and possibly write a thesis or write a book about his life.

When I was visiting Maryland one summer, Cousin John took my little cousin Will Taylor and me to one of the docks to purchase blue crabs.  This was going to be the first time I ever had blue crabs.  When we got them home, he cleaned them, and steamed them in beer.  I learned how to pick crabs, and to eat them...They were so good!



Chicago Defender
August 24, 1974
  

No comments:

Post a Comment